Pest Control Crew Member
The primary function of this position is to be motivated and seize opportunities to learn and develop techniques to help our customers with eliminating pests by identifying, selecting, mixing, and applying chemical or manual solutions to get rid of pests.
The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- Identifies pest problem (including rats, termites, snakes, wildlife, wasps, ants, spiders, mosquitos, or bed bugs) and appropriate solutions
- Set mechanical traps and place bait and removing dead rodents after extermination.
- Inspect and identify property damages to ascertain wall and roof porosity and possible sites of pest invasion as well as possible leaks or exposure.
- Access infested locations by cutting or boring into buildings to access infested areas.
- Study preliminary reports and diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
- Position and fasten edges of tarpaulins over building and tape vents to ensure air-tight environment and check for leaks.
- Ability to work at higher elevations
- Ability to provide in-depth information to customer, property management and public officials
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and courteously with customers and employees.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to take a teamwork approach to the job by cooperating with others, offering to help others when needed, and considering larger organization or team goals rather than individual concerns. Includes the ability to build a constructive team spirit where team members are committed to the goals and objectives of the team.
- High School diploma (or G.E.D)
- 2+ years of pest control experience preferred, but not required