Bed Bug Treatment, Exterminator and Control in Lubbock and Amarillo TX
Finance Your Pest Control Needs
Eradicating pests and paying for it can be a challenge, especially when the treatment requires a multistep process as in the case of treating bed bugs. That’s why Bug Tech now offers financing for pest control services to help resolve your pest control challenges while working by your side financially.
Our quick, paperless application process lets you choose from several plans and gives you approval or denial within seconds.
About Bed Bugs
Adult bed bugs are about 3/16 of an inch long, 1/8-inch wide and reddish-brown, with oval, flattened bodies. Even when fully grown, bed bugs are difficult to spot with the naked eye. Nymphs and egg cases are even smaller and can easily lead to an infestation.
Bed bugs are active mainly at night when their host is asleep. They prefer to hide close to where they feed, exclusively on human blood. As their name implies, bed bugs often live in the seams of mattresses and box springs and in the dark crevices of furniture and fabric.
Although bed bugs aren’t known to carry disease, visible bites cause irritation and allergic reactions. Bites can easily grow into the hundreds by morning during an epidemic. Bed bugs also rapidly multiply and a single female can lay thousands of eggs. Discover if you have a problem before it gets worse.
Identifying a Bed Bug Problem
Bites are typically the first sign of a problem. You can also check the corners of the mattress, box spring, headboard and footboard for other signs: actual bugs, carcasses/skins, and faecal matter.
Other prime hiding areas include wall corners, behind picture frames, electrical outlets, light switches and nearby drapes and curtains. Bug Tech provides free estimates on bed bug treatment, although an inspection is paid and takes significant time. During a comprehensive inspection, Bug Tech will investigate and determine the level of infestation.
Get Your Personalized Bed Bug Plan and
Bed Bug Entry
Bed bugs can enter your home in a multitude of ways:
- From an overnight visitor, such as a friend or family member.
- From used furniture and clothing purchased at garage sales, Craigslist, and consignment stores.
- From public areas: exposure to bed bugs on buses, aeroplanes, hotels, movie theatres, places of worship, and more can bring them into the home.
- From your children: bed bugs can enter as a result of a camp, daycare, school, or college – think about how many different people are in a single dorm!
- From your coworkers: bed bugs can enter your home from the workplace.
The list goes on, but the seriousness of bed bugs is that they can enter your home from anywhere. In places with a high volume of people and high turnover, bed bugs are likely to be present whether you see them or not.
Bed Bug Treatment
Bed bugs are one of the more difficult pests to prevent and eliminate. Due to their ability to quickly multiply, avoid detection and avoid standard chemical treatments, once identified in the home, quickly call a professional!
Bug Tech offers a variety of specialized treatments for bed bugs. Each treatment is impacted by the level of infestation and whether an entire home or only a piece of furniture is affected.
- Bed Bug Elimination: The first step is to become bed bug-free. Learn more about our free estimates, inspections, infestation verification, and typical treatments.
- Bed Bug Assurance: Once your home is certified-free from bed bugs, take advantage of our assurance program. It is similar to insurance or a warranty that prevents future outbreaks.
- Bed Bug Management: In rare cases, typically in a commercial setting, bed bugs cannot be eliminated. Bug Tech provides monitoring and ongoing treatment to contain outbreaks.
- Bed Bug Heat Treat: Bug Tech is one of the few companies in Lubbock to offer effective heat treatment of bed bugs. We conduct both whole house treatments and even have a mobile truck for smaller furniture and fabrics.
Find Out About Your Financing Options
Bed Bug Prevention
Bed bugs are unique in that regular chemical treatment does not prevent entry, since all bed bugs are brought into the home. Preventing an infestation requires taking precautions associated with common entry points.
- After every overnight trip, take all of your clothes (clean and dirty) and immediately put them in the washer. Check all suitcases used, especially creases and seams.
- Avoid buying used furniture and fabrics. If you do, Bug Tech offers controlled heat treatment to kill the spread of any fleas, ticks, or bed bugs.
- Heed warnings about bed bugs issued by your workplace or children’s school and day camps. Take extra care to wash all clothing after entering an infected area.
We’re Bed Bug Experts
We are Bed Bug University graduates. That means the experts at Bug Tech can correctly identify bed bugs and determine if you have an infestation. Bug Tech will then work with you to determine the best treatment plan for your home or business.