Bed Bug Extermination and Control in Lubbock TX
About Bed Bugs
Adult bed bugs are small insects about 3/16 of an inch long, 1/8-inch wide, and reddish-brown, with flattened oval-shaped bodies. Even when fully grown, bed bugs are difficult to spot with the naked eye. Nymphs and egg cases are even smaller and can easily lead to an infestation.
Bed bugs are active mainly at night when their host is asleep. They prefer to hide close to where they feed, exclusively on human blood. As their name implies, bed bugs often live in the seams of mattresses and box springs and the small cracks in furniture and fabric.
Although bed bugs aren’t known to carry disease, visible bites can cause irritation and allergic reactions. Seeing one Bed Bug bite one morning can easily grow into the hundreds in days to follow during an infestation. Bed bugs also have a rapid life cycle, quickly multiplying as a single female can lay thousands of eggs. Discover if you have a problem before it gets worse.
Identifying a Bed Bug Problem
Bites, presenting as itchy welts, are typically the first signs of a bed bug problem. You can also check your mattress seams, box springs, bed frame, and footboard for other signs: actual bugs, carcasses/skins, and fecal matter.
Other prime hiding places include wall corners, behind picture frames, electrical outlets, light switches, and nearby drapes and curtains. Bug Tech provides free estimates on bed bug treatment, although an inspection is paid and takes significant time. During a comprehensive inspection, Bug Tech will investigate and determine the level of infestation.
Get Your Personalized Bed Bug Plan and
Bed Bug Entry
Bed bugs can enter your home in a multitude of ways:
- From an overnight visitor, such as a friend or family member.
- From bringing infested items into your home, like used furniture and clothing purchased at garage sales, Craigslist, and consignment stores.
- From public areas: exposure to bed bugs on public transportation, airplanes, hotels, movie theatres, places of worship, and more can bring them into the home.
- From your children: Bed bugs can enter as a result of a camp, daycare, school, or college – think about how many different people are in a single dorm!
- From your coworkers: Bed bugs can enter your home from the workplace.
The list goes on, but the seriousness of bed bugs is that they can enter your home from anywhere. In places with a high volume of people and high turnover, bed bugs are likely to be present whether you see them or not.
Bed Bug Exterminator
Bed bugs are one of the more difficult pests to prevent and eliminate. Due to their ability to quickly multiply, avoid detection, and avoid standard chemical treatments, once identified in the home, quickly call a professional!
Bug Tech offers a variety of effective methods for treating bed bugs. Each treatment is impacted by the level of infestation and whether an entire home or only a piece of furniture is affected.
- Bed Bug Elimination: The goal of our initial treatment is for you to become bed bug-free. Learn more about our thorough inspection plans, estimates, infestation verification, and typical treatments.
- Bed Bug Assurance: Once your home is certified-free from bed bugs, take advantage of our assurance program. It is similar to insurance or a warranty that prevents future outbreaks.
- Bed Bug Management: In rare cases, typically in a commercial setting, bed bugs cannot be eliminated. Bug Tech provides monitoring and ongoing treatment to contain outbreaks.
- Bed Bug High Heat Treat: Adult bed bugs die at 119 degrees Fahrenheit, and their eggs, which can withstand more heat, need temperatures above 125 degrees to be killed. That's why Bug Tech is one of the few companies in Lubbock to offer effective heat treatment for bed bugs. We conduct both whole-house treatments and even have a mobile truck for smaller furniture and fabrics.
Finance Your Pest Control Needs
Eradicating pests and paying for it can be a challenge, especially when the treatment requires a multistep process as in the case of treating bed bugs. That’s why Bug Tech now offers financing for pest control services to help resolve your pest control challenges while working by your side financially.
Our quick, paperless application process lets you choose from several plans and gives you approval or denial within seconds.
Bed Bug Prevention
Bed bugs are unique in that regular chemical treatment does not prevent entry, since all bed bugs are brought into the home. Preventing an infestation requires taking precautions associated with common entry points.
- After every overnight trip, take all of your clothes (clean and dirty) and immediately put them in the washer. Check all suitcases used, especially creases and seams.
- Avoid buying used furniture and fabrics. If you do, Bug Tech offers controlled heat treatment to kill the spread of any fleas, ticks, or bed bugs.
- Heed warnings about bed bugs issued by your workplace or children’s school and day camps. Take extra care to wash all clothing after entering an infected area.
We’re Bed Bug Experts
Experiencing a bed bug infestation can be a traumatic experience, but Bug Tech's professionals are here to help. We're not just a pest control company; we're experts in identifying and addressing bed bug issues. We'll work closely with you to create a customized treatment plan for your home or business while providing outstanding customer service that sets us apart in the market. Trust Bug Tech for effective solutions and peace of mind.